One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express wishes for success.‘good luck with your studies!’
- ‘We congratulate Mary and wish her the best of luck in her new business venture.’
- ‘We are always wishing each other the best of luck, but you know what luck is just about worthless.’
- ‘Good luck to you and good luck to all the men and women you're working with over in Iraq.’
- ‘She also wished the incoming officers the best of luck in the forthcoming year.’
- ‘He is wished every success and good luck in his new post by his neighbours and friends.’
- ‘The young singer comes from a very talented musical family and everyone wishes her the best of luck on Sunday.’
- ‘Her family and many friends wish her good luck and every success in her career.’
- ‘To our Tyrone brethren I wish the best of luck, bring Sam back to Ulster where it belongs!’
- ‘I cannot help feeling this is the best and perhaps final chance, so good luck to all concerned.’
- ‘The club extend thanks to all those who purchased tickets and wish them the best of luck in the four remaining draws.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.