Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for gonadotrophin
- ‘It is known as a gonadotrophic hormone as it affects the gonads (testes and ovaries) in mammals.’
- ‘The extension of the conceptualization from the gonads to the brain also included the postulation of a new type of hormone: the gonadotropic hormones.’
- ‘As direction and degree of laterality were reported in this study in both male and female mice, we selected plasma-luteinizing hormone concentration, which is a common trigger for both male and female gonadotropic hormones.’
- ‘The gonadotrophic hormones and the gonads' own steroid hormones act together to maintain the prime function of the gonads: the production of mature eggs or sperm.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.