One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Nutrition, exercise, gonadal steroids, and growth hormone and body composition all play a role in bone density.’
- ‘In birds and mammals, gonadal steroids can directly affect sensory functions, selective attention, persistence of attention, and have independent rewarding properties in the brain.’
- ‘For example, gonadotropins that are produced by the hypothalamic-pituitary gland stimulate secretion of gonadal steroids.’
- ‘Females develop an extrusion of the gonadal papilla and a distended abdomen when gravid.’
- ‘Chronically stressed mammals produce hormones called glucocorticoids, which can suppress certain immune-system and gonadal functions when the hormones remain elevated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.