Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A giant frog of West Central Africa.
- ‘No one knows how many goliath frogs are left in the population and if the population is growing or shrinking.’
- ‘The shy and elusive goliath frog, is the largest known frog.’
- ‘Despite their enormous size as adults, eggs and tadpoles of goliath frogs are about the same size as those of other frogs.’
- ‘However, adult goliath frogs feed on a variety of food items including, insects, fish and other amphibians.’
- ‘In the fifteen-year period from 1989 to 2004, the number of goliath frogs dropped by more than half.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.