One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A complex of vesicles and folded membranes within the cytoplasm of most eukaryotic cells, involved in secretion and intracellular transport.
- ‘The major destinations for proteins exiting the Golgi apparatus are the plasma membrane and the vacuolar system.’
- ‘These findings are supported by studies on the intracellular traffic between the Golgi apparatus and the plasma membrane (correlative light-microscopy using the green fluorescent protein technology).’
- ‘These proteins were found to be essential for vesiculation at the plasma membrane and the Golgi apparatus, respectively.’
- ‘Once localized in the lumen of the endoplasmic reticulum, the protein is transported in the Golgi apparatus, then exocytosed by means of intracellular vesicles.’
- ‘In all eukaryotic cells, the Golgi apparatus is a central organelle in the secretory processes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.