One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A complex of vesicles and folded membranes within the cytoplasm of most eukaryotic cells, involved in secretion and intracellular transport.
- ‘In all eukaryotic cells, the Golgi apparatus is a central organelle in the secretory processes.’
- ‘These findings are supported by studies on the intracellular traffic between the Golgi apparatus and the plasma membrane (correlative light-microscopy using the green fluorescent protein technology).’
- ‘The major destinations for proteins exiting the Golgi apparatus are the plasma membrane and the vacuolar system.’
- ‘Once localized in the lumen of the endoplasmic reticulum, the protein is transported in the Golgi apparatus, then exocytosed by means of intracellular vesicles.’
- ‘These proteins were found to be essential for vesiculation at the plasma membrane and the Golgi apparatus, respectively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.