One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A light, short-sleeved shirt with a collar, typically of a knitted fabric and with buttons at the neck only.
- ‘Say a supplier is preparing to run an order for an embroidered golf shirt.’
- ‘During the promotional apparel boom days of the 1990s, the golf shirt defined the industry's growth and evolution.’
- ‘Mark was really surprised and happy with his prize of a branded golf shirt and a case of Sterling Light.’
- ‘Daly points out his sponsors by their logos on his golf shirt.’
- ‘Double tipping on the collar and cuffs introduces a new element to transform the casual golf shirt into apparel distinctive enough for both the office and championship courses.’
- ‘He wore a pink golf shirt and blue jeans and black sneakers.’
- ‘He had a white golf shirt on, as well as khaki pants.’
- ‘So now they've given up even trying and have adopted the uniform of the conservatively mundane, often in the shape of generic khakis and a white golf shirt.’
- ‘Windbreakers and hats coordinated with a golf shirt make great souvenirs and are always appreciated by golfers.’
- ‘He's wearing a red golf shirt with a black collar, which doesn't go with his green cap.’
- ‘This may mean we go from an embroidered golf shirt to a printed T-shirt.’
- ‘What do you think about golfers who wear a long-sleeve turtleneck or a mock under their short-sleeve golf shirt?’
- ‘He wasn't wearing robes at the time, merely a golf shirt and black trousers.’
- ‘Kristen pulled on a red collar golf shirt and khaki pants.’
- ‘Granted, my hair has always been short and I confess to owning a golf shirt or two.’
- ‘Back then, a golf shirt or a sweatshirt with a little contrast in the collar was considered very special, and usually at a premium.’
- ‘They are great alternatives to the traditional golf shirt for women.’
- ‘He came out of the truck, wearing a green golf shirt, and brown pants with leather boots.’
- ‘If the T-shirt or mock neck is still too daring at your course, try a traditional golf shirt with more color than you're used to.’
- ‘Indeed, camp shirts offer a welcome relief from the standard knit golf shirt or classic polo at sport events or trade shows.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.