One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tall cylindrical bag used for carrying golf clubs and balls.
- ‘And by the end of a round, the stamina you build in your legs can be the difference between winning and losing a match - especially if you are walking with a golf bag on your back.’
- ‘The Personal Ranger, which is being used on 40 courses, is simply a clock that attaches to the steering wheel on a golf cart or on a golf bag and constantly shows where the golfer should be on the course.’
- ‘Caddie, the person who carries the golf bag for the player, is another mispronounced French word, and has two stories behind it.’
- ‘Viewing my one-hour-old swing in action next to someone who started carrying a golf bag in primary three was disconcerting to say the least.’
- ‘He then stormed off the green, gesturing at one of the Americans and kicked his golf bag.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.