Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A plant of the daisy family, which bears tall spikes of small bright yellow flowers.
- ‘Goldfinches also feed on the seed of goldenrod, coreopsis, cosmos, zinnias, dandelions and other weedy plants.’
- ‘Asters, goldenrods, and sunflowers dominate the landscape from late summer to the end of the growing season.’
- ‘Later in the season there are many others such as coneflowers, cosmos, goldenrods, or lavender that they will enjoy.’
- ‘The goldenrod have started to flower, a sure sign that summer is half over.’
- ‘By late September, the flowering goldenrods and Asters were the prominent members of the flora.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.