One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant of the daisy family, which bears tall spikes of small bright yellow flowers.
Genus Solidago, family Compositae
- ‘Asters, goldenrods, and sunflowers dominate the landscape from late summer to the end of the growing season.’
- ‘The goldenrod have started to flower, a sure sign that summer is half over.’
- ‘Later in the season there are many others such as coneflowers, cosmos, goldenrods, or lavender that they will enjoy.’
- ‘Goldfinches also feed on the seed of goldenrod, coreopsis, cosmos, zinnias, dandelions and other weedy plants.’
- ‘By late September, the flowering goldenrods and Asters were the prominent members of the flora.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.