One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant of the daisy family, which bears tall spikes of small bright yellow flowers.
Genus Solidago, family Compositae
- ‘Goldfinches also feed on the seed of goldenrod, coreopsis, cosmos, zinnias, dandelions and other weedy plants.’
- ‘Asters, goldenrods, and sunflowers dominate the landscape from late summer to the end of the growing season.’
- ‘The goldenrod have started to flower, a sure sign that summer is half over.’
- ‘By late September, the flowering goldenrods and Asters were the prominent members of the flora.’
- ‘Later in the season there are many others such as coneflowers, cosmos, goldenrods, or lavender that they will enjoy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.