One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dog that is a cross-breed of a golden retriever and a poodle.‘the girls will soon be moving in with their goldendoodle or some other fetching puppy’
- ‘"Responsible breeders stand by the pups and provide a two-year health warranty," says a Canadian breeder of goldendoodles.’
- ‘We put the word out with a group of pet rescuers that we were looking for a goldendoodle or Labradoodle.’
- ‘She's done the research and wants a goldendoodle, a hypoallergenic hybrid of a golden retriever and a standard poodle that often can't be found at the pound and isn't recognized as a breed by the AKC.’
- ‘The most popular hybrids are goldendoodles (golden retriever mix), Labradoodles (Labrador retriever), schnoodles (schnauzer), and cockapoos (cocker spaniel).’
- ‘Consider too the Malti-Poo, the cockapoo, and the goldendoodle, which is getting a lot of ink these days.’
- ‘After installing a new gate, we picked up our eight-week-old goldendoodle in July.’
- ‘On my bed sat Jigsaw my goldendoodle.’
Early 21st century: blend of golden and labradoodle.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.