One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Eurasian oriole with a melodious call, the male being bright yellow and black and the female mainly green.
"Oriolus oriolus", family "Oriolidae"
- ‘It is an important wintering ground for European migratory birds such as the white stork, the lesser kestrel, the Eurasian golden oriole, the Eurasian cuckoo and other wading birds.’
- ‘A pair of golden oriole are nesting on the island and in the last years he has seen more and more ospreys.’
- ‘The birds of the institute were beautiful, as for instance the golden oriole; and they were big, as for instance the grey hornbill.’
- ‘Some others like the wild pig, the palm civet, the common mongoose, the golden oriole, and the rat snake can survive even with little green cover and withstand disturbances.’
- ‘Male golden orioles return early in May, often arriving a week or more before the females.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.