One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Eurasian oriole with a melodious call, the male being bright yellow and black and the female mainly green.
Oriolus oriolus, family Oriolidae
- ‘Male golden orioles return early in May, often arriving a week or more before the females.’
- ‘A pair of golden oriole are nesting on the island and in the last years he has seen more and more ospreys.’
- ‘It is an important wintering ground for European migratory birds such as the white stork, the lesser kestrel, the Eurasian golden oriole, the Eurasian cuckoo and other wading birds.’
- ‘The birds of the institute were beautiful, as for instance the golden oriole; and they were big, as for instance the grey hornbill.’
- ‘Some others like the wild pig, the palm civet, the common mongoose, the golden oriole, and the rat snake can survive even with little green cover and withstand disturbances.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.