One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An orfe (fish) of an ornamental yellow variety, widely kept in aquaria and ponds.
- ‘In addition to the pond, we also inherited one black and orange koi carp, two golden orfe and three goldfish, together with a collection of bomb-proof water plants.’
- ‘Goldfish, golden orfe, and different types of fantail fish do surprisingly well in a pond, once established.’
- ‘Within seconds of it hitting the water I had a bite that I missed, but caught a nice golden orfe on the next cast.’
- ‘It is a mixed fishery stocked with roach, bream, golden orfe, common and mirror carp with some nice koi present.’
- ‘He soon was catching fish and came round to me and gave me some excellent advice that enabled me to catch some splendid golden orfe and koi that, despite the cold, were feeding high up in the water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.