One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The first hour after a traumatic injury, when emergency treatment is most likely to be successful.
- ‘Also, after a road accident one should not ignore the golden hour, which refers to the first one-hour period after the accident.’
- ‘Get them to a combat field hospital within one hour of being wounded, what's called the golden hour, odds are, they'll survive.’
- ‘More will die in road accidents during strike action because there is a golden hour from the time of impact to when victims need critical care.’
- ‘The ambulatory service, it is hoped, would provide timely medical aid during the golden hour and help save precious lives.’
- ‘The rotary District 3200 has embarked on an ambitious programme to save as many lives as possible by ensuring medical aid to road accident victims during the golden hour (first one hour) after the accident.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.