A substantial payment made by an employer to a keenly sought recruit.
fringe benefit, additional benefit, benefit, advantage, bonus, dividend, extra, plus, premium, consideration, rewardView synonyms
- ‘He added that Edinburgh had also looked at the possibility of golden hellos, but had instead decided to pay bursaries to final-year social work students who would then work two years for the council.’
- ‘The idea that golden hellos were going to compensate for that stability was questionable.’
- ‘An MoD spokeswoman confirmed it was launching golden hellos for consultants but said the details - including the full amount available - have not yet been finalised.’
- ‘While golden hellos have had some effect, we do recognise that we need to do more to encourage dentists to work in rural areas.’
- ‘Schools Minister David Miliband said: ‘In the four years since training bursaries and golden hellos were introduced, the sector's efforts have raised recruitment to teacher training courses by over 30 per cent.’’