One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1An award given by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, presented annually for outstanding achievement in film and television.‘she just won her fourth Golden Globe’
- ‘His performance earned him both an Academy Award and a Golden Globe nomination for Best Supporting Actor in 1964.’
- ‘His wife had this great party for him to congratulate him on his Golden Globe.’
- ‘Many of the other cast members have been nominated for Golden Globes or Oscars.’
- ‘It has deservedly won the best picture Golden Globe and will no doubt inspire a new generation to read Virginia Woolf.’
- ‘He took home the Golden Globe a couple of times for lead actor in a dramatic series.’
- 1.1the Golden Globes The annual presentation of the Golden Globes.‘it was named best foreign language film at the recent Golden Globes’
- ‘Despite DiCaprio's win at the Golden Globes, the momentum seems to be with Foxx.’
- ‘The film has also been nominated for Best Dramatic Film in this year's Golden Globes, with Brody also receiving a nod for Best Actor.’
- ‘It is also what led to his Best Actor award at the Golden Globes.’
- ‘The Golden Globes are traditionally held on the third Sunday of January.’
- ‘Ken coiffed Kim Cattrall's hair for the recent Golden Globes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.