Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small forest-dwelling cat found in Africa and Asia.
- ‘Newer species that we'll be bringing in will be a Komodo dragon, Asiatic golden cats and clouded leopard.’
- ‘Asian golden cat and marbled cat represented the bay cat lineage.’
- ‘In addition to its natural predators (snow leopards, wolves, and golden cats) and poaching, giant pandas are also unintentionally injured or killed in traps and snares set for other animals, such as deer and bears.’
- ‘But after death, genetic analysis confirms that the bay cat is indeed a separate species, closely related to the golden cat.’
- ‘Asian Golden Cats prefer to live in forest habitats interspersed with rocky areas.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.