One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A yellowish-brown colour.‘the mixture should turn a shade of golden brown’as modifier ‘he had unruly golden brown hair’
- ‘A good portion of this movie is filmed with a palette of rich golden browns and reds, which lends to its warmer, more human story.’
- ‘Much of Cumbria is displaying the last burst of glorious autumnal oranges and golden browns.’
- ‘The years of working in the fields had toned his body, built up his muscles, and made his skin a radiant golden brown.’
- ‘These hills know only two colors, golden brown and green.’
- ‘Lower the heat to medium high until the onions are soft and golden brown (about ten mins).’
- ‘Now he's living it up in Spain, working on little other than his golden brown skin.’
- ‘When it was supper time, I brought the golden brown steaming biscuit-covered casserole to the table.’
- ‘She was average height with golden brown eyes that were flecked with green.’
- ‘His beard was a golden brown colour, with grey flecks.’
- ‘The light from the fading sun gleamed in through leaves that were golden brown.’
- ‘Her eye make-up included a contoured eye with lots of beautiful golden browns.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.