One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural golden anniversaries
The fiftieth anniversary of a significant event, especially a couple's wedding.‘they celebrated their golden anniversary in December’‘the golden anniversary of the James Bond film franchise’
- ‘They are wished health and happiness for the years ahead, so that they can have a wonderful golden anniversary.’
- ‘Music icons like The Rolling Stones and The Beach Boys are still making new music and touring the world, as they both did to celebrate golden anniversaries in 2012.’
- ‘The president stood with congressional leaders, commemorating the golden anniversary of the historic civil rights day.’
- ‘The really loving couples are not the radiant couple on their wedding day but those not so radiant-looking who celebrate their silver and golden anniversaries.’
- ‘The theatre group will celebrate its golden anniversary with three productions.’
- ‘Tramore have gone from strength to strength and their achievement of winning the local premier league in their golden anniversary year was the icing on the cake.’
- ‘Last year, to mark her golden anniversary with the service, she was invited to dine with the Queen at Normanby Hall.’
- ‘One of the oldest housing estates in Newbridge continued its golden anniversary celebrations last week.’
- ‘As the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 reaches its golden anniversary, major changes came into force today.’
- ‘A couple approaching their golden anniversary have thanked the Lord for 50 years of marital bliss.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.