One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A permit to dig for gold.‘the final injustice for diggers was the introduction of a compulsory gold licence’
- ‘They formed a league to oppose the gold licence and the brutal enforcement of it.’
- ‘Most significant of Australian gold-rush ephemera is the gold licence, a key item in the prospector's often meagre possessions.’
- ‘To control the miners, and to make money for the new colony, the Victorian governor introduced a gold licence.’
- ‘Despite being denied the right to vote, they were forced to pay a gold licence.’
- ‘Their next meal depends on their finding gold to pay for it and their gold licence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.