One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See gold farming
- ‘He has bought virtual gold from gold farmers on the web.’
- ‘The presence of gold farmers in a game is not necessarily popular among people who are playing for fun, and game publishers try to limit it, with little success.’
- ‘If you work for one hour and make $20, but some gold farmer only takes 30 minutes to make 30 gold (say, because he has better weapons), and he then sells it to you for $20 - that's economically rational.’
- ‘I was never a gold farmer myself, but I was involved in the business.’
- ‘He predicts that when publishers begin to ban not just gold farmers, but the players who participate in the market, the companies will gain the reputation of being anti-consumer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.