One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An armed group protecting gold while it is being transported.‘the gang held up the gold escort at Eugowra Rocks’
- ‘They discovered that the claim was pegged, so they decided to await an opportunity to attack the first gold escort.’
- ‘Adelaide was rolling in it after the first gold escort rocked into town from the Mount Alexander goldfields with over 5,000 ounces of the glittery stuff.’
- ‘He returned more than a pound of gold to his brother with the first gold escort.’
- ‘He was there to help collect the gold for the first gold escort back to Adelaide.’
- ‘A total of 18 gold escorts were made, the last one during November and December 1853.’
- ‘This volume contains copies of letters concerning gold escorts, petitions, accounts, gold regulations, and gold-mining affairs generally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.