One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An armed group protecting gold while it is being transported.‘the gang held up the gold escort at Eugowra Rocks’
- ‘Adelaide was rolling in it after the first gold escort rocked into town from the Mount Alexander goldfields with over 5,000 ounces of the glittery stuff.’
- ‘This volume contains copies of letters concerning gold escorts, petitions, accounts, gold regulations, and gold-mining affairs generally.’
- ‘A total of 18 gold escorts were made, the last one during November and December 1853.’
- ‘He was there to help collect the gold for the first gold escort back to Adelaide.’
- ‘He returned more than a pound of gold to his brother with the first gold escort.’
- ‘They discovered that the claim was pegged, so they decided to await an opportunity to attack the first gold escort.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.