One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A leaf beetle with metallic gold coloration.
- ‘These pheromones were effective to trap large numbers of Hirata blue, pale brown and spotted back gold beetles.’
- ‘They are sometimes called gold beetles because of the metallic sheen produced by their carapace.’
- ‘Relatives of the tropical gold beetles, such as the green and silver-striped scarab known as Plusiotis gloriosa, are found here in North America.’
- ‘A couple of those Rivenese gold beetles ought to tell for sure.’
- ‘There is a group of North American beetles that have a golden metallic luster, which are sometimes called gold beetles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.