One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A leaf beetle with metallic gold coloration.
- ‘A couple of those Rivenese gold beetles ought to tell for sure.’
- ‘These pheromones were effective to trap large numbers of Hirata blue, pale brown and spotted back gold beetles.’
- ‘Relatives of the tropical gold beetles, such as the green and silver-striped scarab known as Plusiotis gloriosa, are found here in North America.’
- ‘There is a group of North American beetles that have a golden metallic luster, which are sometimes called gold beetles.’
- ‘They are sometimes called gold beetles because of the metallic sheen produced by their carapace.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.