One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
See gold mine
- ‘However, these schemes tend to invest in gold-mining shares rather than directly in bullion so returns do not necessarily correlate with the gold price.’
- ‘In the first three-quarters of 2005, the world's gold-mining companies are estimated to have produced only 1% more than in the same period of 2004.’
- ‘As recently as Christmas Eve, Thistle Mining, the Scottish-Canadian gold-mining firm he chaired, confirmed that its executive office in Edinburgh was to close.’
- ‘But the US Treasury has been urged to oppose the idea by gold-mining firms who fear that a sell-off could depress global prices for the metal.’
- ‘The National Geoscience Database of Iran, a government agency, lists 25 gold-mining deposits on its website.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.