One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of a deep lustrous yellow or yellow-brown colour like that of gold.‘he was driving a gold-coloured Mercedes’
- ‘The Sierra Nevada Pale Bock, at 9%, was gold-colored, malty, and offered a pronounced alcohol flavor.’
- ‘Participating in the ceremony are two Buddhist monks clad in gold-coloured robes.’
- ‘There were shelves piled up with bolts of gold-coloured cloth.’
- ‘On my taxi ride from the airport, we passed several hamlets which had stone buildings made of gold-colored granite.’
- ‘The vehicle was described as a gold-colored, 4-door sedan, older model late 1990s to 2000s.’
- ‘Dennis and Jon headed out to source props, looking for anything gold-colored.’
- ‘He wears a discreet gold-coloured pound sign on his lapel.’
- ‘She wore a silver and gold-colored shirt and a black skirt that stopped at the knees.’
- ‘Meanwhile Man U unveiled its new gold-coloured kit to celebrate the club's centenary year.’
- ‘There are tons of chemistry experiments that can turn a penny silver or gold-colored, but no, your penny is not made of silver.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.