One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A television set.‘mindless watching of the goggle-box’
- ‘How could anyone have watched this complex sport of tennis without the authoritative tones booming from the goggle-box: ‘what a forehand’.’
- ‘It continues to run on the goggle-box and now has transmuted into a stage show.’
- ‘You think that sounds too dull to ever make it onto the goggle-box?’
- ‘It will get you out of the living room and away from the goggle-box to see some spectacular big-screen entertainment which will remind you that spectacle isn't everything.’
- ‘Hitchcock explains his love/hate for the goggle-box in much the same way that Elvis Costello once did for radio.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.