One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the German poet, playwright, and scholar Johann Wolfgang von Goethe or his works.‘the Goethean concept of world literature’
- ‘In European literature there is a Goethean myth of the Faustian artist who sells his soul to the devil in return for absolute artistic power.’
- ‘All kinds of Goethean characters are alluded to but never realized.’
- ‘The frequent use of such abstract generalities is a distinguishing feature of the Goethian style.’
- ‘This astonishingly rapid transformation was brought about because of their abiding belief in the Goethean ideal of high culture.’
- ‘It's a short book of four separate essays by two contemporary researchers in the Goethean tradition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.