One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- New Zealand term for God's country
- ‘I went on to say that everyone wins: overseas investors get to live in Godzone, and we get money for education and infrastructure.’
- ‘It's understandable, then, that New Zealand is getting so upset over claims of corruption and general ineptitude among Police here in Godzone.’
- ‘They would become, in effect, prisoners by birth in Godzone, all because of the alleged sins (or the mere risk of sinning) posed by their parents.’
- ‘Sadly, I think both prospects are possible, these days in Godzone.’
- ‘Traces of such country life can still be found here in La France but I suppose our kids know little of it in modernised Godzone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.