One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- New Zealand term for God's country
- ‘They would become, in effect, prisoners by birth in Godzone, all because of the alleged sins (or the mere risk of sinning) posed by their parents.’
- ‘Sadly, I think both prospects are possible, these days in Godzone.’
- ‘Traces of such country life can still be found here in La France but I suppose our kids know little of it in modernised Godzone.’
- ‘It's understandable, then, that New Zealand is getting so upset over claims of corruption and general ineptitude among Police here in Godzone.’
- ‘I went on to say that everyone wins: overseas investors get to live in Godzone, and we get money for education and infrastructure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.