One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A period in a broadcasting schedule regularly reserved for religious programmes.
- ‘The Bishop of Manchester has been joined by eight different religious organisations lobbying regulators Ofcom (Office of Communications) over the so-called ‘God slot’.’
- ‘Another, evolution expert, Richard Dawkins, was invited to give listeners a taste of what they could expect from a God-less God slot.’
- ‘While flagship documentaries like Panorama are consigned to the God slot, light entertainment is hailed as having something educative and worthwhile to offer the audience.’
- ‘Two North Yorkshire Radio journalists based in York have decided to jazz up the Sunday morning God slot.’
- ‘There are the regular church goers dwindling in number these days, that do the weekly ‘God slot’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.