Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Used to express a wish that something should happen:‘God grant he will soon regain his freedom’
- ‘Seriously though, God grant healing to the flight attendants and repentance to this guy through Christ our Lord.’
- ‘‘May God grant that we be free from the peril of a tragic clash between cultures and religions,’ he said in his Easter message.’
- ‘To find out more about this face of evil (and may God grant him swift and full repentance) go here.’
- ‘May God grant them both ease from their sufferings.’
- ‘May God grant that I may live through all this and be again united with my Angellic wife and children.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.