One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express a wish that something should happen.‘God grant he will soon regain his freedom’
- ‘Seriously though, God grant healing to the flight attendants and repentance to this guy through Christ our Lord.’
- ‘‘May God grant that we be free from the peril of a tragic clash between cultures and religions,’ he said in his Easter message.’
- ‘To find out more about this face of evil (and may God grant him swift and full repentance) go here.’
- ‘May God grant that I may live through all this and be again united with my Angellic wife and children.’
- ‘May God grant them both ease from their sufferings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.