One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express a wish that something should happen.‘God grant he will soon regain his freedom’
- ‘May God grant them both ease from their sufferings.’
- ‘‘May God grant that we be free from the peril of a tragic clash between cultures and religions,’ he said in his Easter message.’
- ‘May God grant that I may live through all this and be again united with my Angellic wife and children.’
- ‘To find out more about this face of evil (and may God grant him swift and full repentance) go here.’
- ‘Seriously though, God grant healing to the flight attendants and repentance to this guy through Christ our Lord.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.