Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An expression of good wishes on parting.‘good night and God bless’
- ‘And could I say to her and to Dennis, every good wish for the future and God bless.’
- ‘Good night, God bless, and have fun with your modems and be kind to your RAM.’
- ‘Now, after he nearly got run out of the game, he's a headliner, God bless.’
- ‘I thought charitably that the workforce, God bless, was enthused by the festive spirit and had decided to take the week off.’
- ‘From your heartbroken children Audra, Ed and Adrian, God bless.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.