One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for red mullet
- ‘Following them will often be a crowd of wrasse or snapper, hoping to nip in for a free meal uncovered by the goatfish.’
- ‘The same goes for bannerfish, one-spot grunts, snappers, goatfish and jacks.’
- ‘There were shoals of grunt and goatfish sheltering in the shadow of our boat.’
- ‘In the shallower water gather surgeonfish, triggerfish, scorpionfish, goatfish and giant clams.’
- ‘Dozens of demoiselles hovered, waiting for the combfish to remove their parasites while the goatfish below seemed oblivious to the free grooming services available.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.