One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The sharp-chinned, goateed 55-year-old is too impatient with black stagnation to mince words, though he softens his more provocative statements with a disarming chuckle.’
- ‘To mohawked viewers, it's a tribute to the Vancouver punk music scene (it even features an excellent onscreen number by Superconductor), while goateed audiences might see it as homage to the work of Jean-Luc Godard.’
- ‘The handsome, goateed, fortysomething lawyer scours Lake Ontario in a ball cap and sunglasses at the helm of the Angus Bruce, his 6.7-metre patrol boat, looking for leaky sewage pipes and other signs of pollution.’
- ‘‘I'm looking for Chris Mars,’ I explain to a goateed fellow who's conveniently stationed in his southwest Minneapolis front yard.’
- ‘Firstly, the film's hacker-as-hero shtick tapped into the geek chic of the dot-com days, before the bubble burst and sidewalks became littered with chubby, goateed types clutching ‘will program for food’ placards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.