One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Firstly, the film's hacker-as-hero shtick tapped into the geek chic of the dot-com days, before the bubble burst and sidewalks became littered with chubby, goateed types clutching ‘will program for food’ placards.’
- ‘‘I'm looking for Chris Mars,’ I explain to a goateed fellow who's conveniently stationed in his southwest Minneapolis front yard.’
- ‘The sharp-chinned, goateed 55-year-old is too impatient with black stagnation to mince words, though he softens his more provocative statements with a disarming chuckle.’
- ‘To mohawked viewers, it's a tribute to the Vancouver punk music scene (it even features an excellent onscreen number by Superconductor), while goateed audiences might see it as homage to the work of Jean-Luc Godard.’
- ‘The handsome, goateed, fortysomething lawyer scours Lake Ontario in a ball cap and sunglasses at the helm of the Angus Bruce, his 6.7-metre patrol boat, looking for leaky sewage pipes and other signs of pollution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.