Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small pointed beard like that of a goat.
facial hair, whiskers, stubble, designer stubble, five o'clock shadow, bristlesView synonyms
- ‘Jazz fusion, you think of ponytails and goatees and all that.’
- ‘The theme park requires that the male performers cannot have goatees or beards.’
- ‘But the people there are so ‘hip’ and ‘cool’, what with their loud music and cool clothing, their goatees and low-cut skirts.’
- ‘He has short black hair which is tight and curly, sideburns and a goatee beard.’
- ‘Women may have makeup but we have something natural; facial hair that can change our look for the better, with beards and goatees.’
- ‘Although a little outdated now, goatees are still go (terrible pun intended) for some guys - in particular, those with narrow faces, longer chins and an all over slightly unkempt look.’
- ‘When guys shave off beards and goatees, their chin looks like it's had plastic surgery performed on it.’
- ‘Does our tour really need goatees, mustaches, beards?’
- ‘It was a tattered, ring-bound thing from the early seventies with a lurid photo of some hippy, with a goatee beard and two-foot long sideburns, sitting cross-legged on the cover.’
- ‘With so many celebrities sporting moustaches, beards, goatees and soul spots, facial hair has never been more popular.’
- ‘Bernie fingered a sable goatee wistfully, then turned back to the budget beards.’
- ‘The man is described as aged 18 to 20, of medium build, dark European or black, with short black hair and a goatee beard or moustache.’
- ‘It's not one of those baseball beards, the goatees that suddenly make middle-aged men think they look like ballplayers, but a real beard - the full kind that climbs down a man of winter's throat, untrimmed.’
- ‘Carefully trimming, shaving and shaping one's facial hair can achieve a never-ending multitude of looks, such as handlebar moustaches, goatees and designer sideburns.’
- ‘Make sure that the goatee remains neat and trimmed, and avoid imitating the father of all goatees - the goat himself.’
- ‘Find out all of the latest trends in moustaches, beards, goatees, sideburns and soul patches.’
- ‘I invaded the circle of light, speculated about their faces bristling with sideburns and goatees.’
- ‘Facial hair - mustaches, goatees, sideburns are big.’
- ‘He started off with a neat goatee but now dons a beard to get into character.’
- ‘In my first vid, I was very groomed, with the sideburns and the goatee.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.