One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ruminant mammal of a group that combines the characteristics of both goats and antelopes.
Subfamily Caprinae, family Bovidae: tribes Rupicaprini (the chamois, goral, serow, and mountain goat) and Ovibonini (the musk ox and takin)
- ‘The Mountain Goat is not a true goat, but is among a group called goat-antelopes.’
- ‘The Aoudad, also known as the Barbary Sheep, is a goat-antelope found in the rocky mountains of North Africa.’
- ‘Taxonomists finally determined that the musk-ox's closest relative is the golden takin, a goat-antelope of the mountainous regions of southeastern Tibet, northern Burma and western China.’
- ‘The Markhor is a goat-antelope found in sparse woodland in the Western Himalayas.’
- ‘They are part of the subfamily Caprinae also called rupicaprids or goat-antelopes.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.