One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A player in soccer or hockey whose special role is to stop the ball or puck from entering the goal; a goalkeeper or goaltender.‘the veteran goalminder was vocal the entire match’‘the goalminder wears wider and lower skates to give him more control’
- ‘In the dying minutes of the game, Nogwana pulled one forward to surprise the Nigerian goal-minder but her shot was sent over the cross bar.’
- ‘Teenage goalminder Nick Saunders is facing the busiest of weekends as Blackburn Hawks gear up for more tough challenges.’
- ‘Knights goalminder Dave Thomas looked sharp, saving three long-range efforts from the point.’
- ‘He's a brilliant goalminder whose reflexes have shown he has the quality to gain national team colours by now.’
- ‘The Dynamos goal-minder was not tested in the first half.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.