One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A player in soccer or hockey whose special role is to stop the ball or puck from entering the goal; a goalkeeper or goaltender.‘the veteran goalminder was vocal the entire match’‘the goalminder wears wider and lower skates to give him more control’
- ‘In the dying minutes of the game, Nogwana pulled one forward to surprise the Nigerian goal-minder but her shot was sent over the cross bar.’
- ‘Knights goalminder Dave Thomas looked sharp, saving three long-range efforts from the point.’
- ‘The Dynamos goal-minder was not tested in the first half.’
- ‘He's a brilliant goalminder whose reflexes have shown he has the quality to gain national team colours by now.’
- ‘Teenage goalminder Nick Saunders is facing the busiest of weekends as Blackburn Hawks gear up for more tough challenges.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.