One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rectangular area in front of the goal from within which goal kicks must be taken.
- ‘The keeper was in his goal area and must be protected.’
- ‘He looked sharp on the ball, weaving and dribbling his way into the goal area, though, it must be said, he did go down rather easily under a challenge.’
- ‘Andrews, noticing that his defensive qualities were surplus to requirements, roamed forward and latched on to a loose ball that broke free from a scramble on the edge of the goal area.’
- ‘The ball pinged around the Hampton goal area before Jon Palmer struck a fierce shot into the far corner.’
- ‘The first delineates the goal area from which all outfield players are prohibited and the second is the free throw line.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.