One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rectangular area in front of the goal from within which goal kicks must be taken.
- ‘The ball pinged around the Hampton goal area before Jon Palmer struck a fierce shot into the far corner.’
- ‘The first delineates the goal area from which all outfield players are prohibited and the second is the free throw line.’
- ‘The keeper was in his goal area and must be protected.’
- ‘He looked sharp on the ball, weaving and dribbling his way into the goal area, though, it must be said, he did go down rather easily under a challenge.’
- ‘Andrews, noticing that his defensive qualities were surplus to requirements, roamed forward and latched on to a loose ball that broke free from a scramble on the edge of the goal area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.