One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be unused or expended to no purpose.‘it would be a terrible shame to see those years go to waste’
- ‘Did the parents who saw their kids at the protest have any concerns about their tuition dollars going to waste?’
- ‘With a daily outflow of 450 million litres, that's a lot of potentially very useful water going to waste.’
- ‘Planning your meals ahead may save you money and lots of food and drink going to waste in the bin or down the drain’
- ‘The coffee harvest has been going to waste, everyday life has been disrupted.’
- ‘Most students do not know about this book dumping, and great books are going to waste.’
- ‘Water is going to waste while others are without this vital commodity.’
- ‘Another reason I have started the practice at least on a small scale is that I hate to see so much potential going to waste.’
- ‘It was just a hobby, I didn't like to see anything going to waste.’
- ‘That is why even today all the rice that is grown in Western Province goes to waste because there is no market for it.’
- ‘Often patients fail to turn up without any warning and it means their slot, which could have been taken by someone else, goes to waste.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.