One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Attempt to take all five tricks in nap.
- 1.1 Score or win five times.‘Tranmere Rovers went nap to inflict a heavy 5–1 defeat on West Ham’
- ‘Nestle Rowntree went nap as they won an eight-goal thriller away to Armley Athletic in the West Yorkshire League premier division - despite being a man down.’
- ‘A 15-minute spell had seen Barnet score four times and they made it five in the last seconds making sure the Bees went nap to leave Morecambe in a state of shock.’
- ‘But with Potter beaten again, Morecambe were prevented from going nap by a post.’
- ‘Black Dog Camblesforth were another side who went nap as they had a nine-goal shut-out against Yearsley Grove.’
- ‘Chamionship-chasing Nestlé Rowntree went nap against fierce cross-city rivals York RI at New Lane to keep up the pressure on West Yorkshire League leaders Carlton Athletic.’
- ‘Kirkdale United went nap to take over leadership of the first division of the RJF Homes-Beckett League.’
- ‘As the teams lined up for the second-half, BJFF had a mean hungry look about them and it wasn't long before they went nap.’
- ‘His shot took a nasty deflection to beat the keeper as the Shrimps went nap with moments to go.’
- 1.2 Risk everything in one attempt.
- 1.1 Score or win five times.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.