Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A minor phylum of minute marine worms which appear to be intermediate between coelenterates and flatworms.
- ‘The lower metazoan groups Gastrotricha and Gnathostomulida, but also Onychophora, Annelida, Mollusca, and Enteropneusta would be the most relevant taxa.’
- ‘This is strikingly illustrated if we just consider character choice in two subsequent publications by the same research group, for example, for placing the ‘acoelomate’ worms, Platyhelminthes, Nemertea, and Gnathostomulida.’
- ‘Also unresolved are the phylogenetic positions of Cycloneuralia, Chaetognatha, Gnathostomulida, Cycliophora, and Micrognathozoa.’
- ‘Two others are probably too specialized and may turn out to be protostomes (and ecdysozoans in particular): the Chaetognatha and Gnathostomulida.’
- ‘This structure was first described by Rieger and Tyler in the jaws of Gnathostomulida and Rotifers.’
Modern Latin (plural), from Greek gnathos jaw + stoma mouth.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.