One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for mucopolysaccharide
- ‘Two other glycosaminoglycans, namely heparin and chondroitin sulfate B, were also studied with isothermal titration calorimetry.’
- ‘Heparin is a glycosaminoglycan whose major anticoagulant effect is accounted for by a pentasaccharide with a high affinity for antithrombin III.’
- ‘In the initial phase of these titrations the peptide was much in excess over the added glycosaminoglycan.’
- ‘Coumarin drugs, such as warfarin as well as the glycosaminoglycans, heparin and heparan sulfate, are useful as anticoagulants.’
- ‘This matrix consists of a network of structural and adhesive proteins embedded in a gel of glycosaminoglycans and proteoglycans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.