One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The formation of glycogen from sugar.
- ‘Namely, ethanol has both the hypoglycemic effects through decreased gluconeogenesis and increased glucose oxidation and the hyperglycemic effects through decreased glycogenesis and increased glycogenolysis.’
- ‘Impaired liver function can cause fatigue, irritability and depression as a result of impaired glycogenesis which is the breakdown of glycogen to re-form glucose in the cells.’
- ‘In the two-armed study, aqueous extract of elder flower significantly increased glucose uptake, glucose oxidation, and glycogenesis in rat abdominal muscle.’
- ‘It was found that, for healthy subjects, 31% of the dose given was utilized in direct glycogenesis and this was decreased to 15% in diabetes.’
- ‘Astrocytes are involved in brain metabolism, because they are capable of glycogenesis (conversion of glucose into glycogen for storage) in response to various hormones and to potassium and glutamate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.