One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fatty acid ester of glycerol.
- ‘Fatty acids form esters with alcohols, and the common esters are glycerides, because the alcohol involved is glycerol.’
- ‘Sebum is produced in the sebaceous glands and consists of glycerides, wax esters, squalene, and cholesterol.’
- ‘Cholesterol can mix with glycerides and phospholipids and it can apparently endow lipid mixtures with the ability to absorb water.’
- ‘The glycerides of coconut oil are invariably a mixture of one, two, or three fatty acids.’
- ‘It is one of the most commonly found saturated fatty acids and it occurs as glycerides in the majority of animal and vegetable fats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.