One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A gluteus muscle.
- ‘The quadriceps, glutes, trapezius and upper back are also called into play.’
- ‘I really didn't need to train my abs and glutes because those muscles get plenty of use while racewalking.’
- ‘YMCAs offer core-conditioning classes that work the upper back, abdominals, and glutes.’
- ‘It does a great job working your lower body, hitting the quads, glutes, abductors and adductors.’
- ‘For example, a ballet dancer may tighten her glutes to tuck her sacrum under and turn her legs out.’
- ‘The quads, hip flexors, hip rotators, hamstrings and glutes are primary core stabilizers.’
- ‘In contrast, full-range hyperextensions also rely on hip flexors and glutes.’
- ‘Using your glutes and thigh muscles, drive your hips forward and back up to the starting position.’
- ‘Next, using my triceps, glutes and core, I lift my glutes off the floor a few inches and hold for a count of two.’
- ‘Troubleshooting technique Squats are an excellent multipurpose exercise for the quadriceps and glutes.’
- ‘He proved once and for all he's not a fluke, that he's willing to bust his striated glutes in the gym.’
- ‘Why should a bodybuilder aspire to striated glutes if his midsection is distended?’
- ‘Tighten your abs and glutes, keeping your pelvis down, and lift one leg off the floor.’
- ‘Marloth guides a series of intensive ballet barre exercises targeting the glutes, hips and thighs.’
- ‘From the bottom position, she tightens her glutes and uses those muscles to push back up to a standing position.’
- ‘Squeeze your glutes, hamstrings and quadriceps as you hold the pose for five deep breaths.’
- ‘Squeeze glutes and move pelvis toward front foot until stretch is felt in the front of the hip of the back leg.’
- ‘Your glutes and shoulder blades should be on the bench, but you should be able to put your hand between the small of your back and the bench.’
- ‘My legs ache from the slope and the lunges that my trainer explained would work the quadriceps, hamstrings and glutes.’
- ‘Two decades ago, clearly defined lower backs were rare and no one had striated glutes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.