One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compound involved as a coenzyme in oxidation–reduction reactions in cells. It is a tripeptide derived from glutamic acid, cysteine, and glycine.
- ‘The authors explain that this is an indication of an enhanced metabolic flux through cysteine to glutathione in all groups of transgenic plants.’
- ‘It is evident that accumulation of GSSG can result from small imbalances in the rates of oxidation and reduction of glutathione.’
- ‘We observed a decrease in the status of ascorbic acid, glutathione and vitamin E in aged rats.’
- ‘The tripeptide glutathione is usually the most abundant thiol compound present in both shoot and roots.’
- ‘The main thiol molecules involved in this process are cysteine and glutathione.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.