One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hydrophilic amino acid which is a constituent of most proteins.
- ‘Ammonium is then incorporated into amino acids via glutamine synthetase and glutamate synthase.’
- ‘The amino acids glutamine and tyrosine will improve concentration, retention and a sense of alertness.’
- ‘Without adequate amounts of the amino acid glutamine, however, protein synthesis may not occur.’
- ‘Contents of glutamine, asparagine, methionine, and tryptophan in the tissues were not determined by this method.’
- ‘However, adding soy can boost any protein shake due to its high content of glutamine and arginine.’
Late 19th century: blend of glutamic acid and amine.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.