One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I live in Austria and my parents always drink Glühwein when it is December.’
- ‘In Germany I've been served Glühwein during Advent, i.e. the four to five weeks before Christmas.’
- ‘What makes Christmas markets tolerable is Glühwein, which is a mulled wine.’
- ‘O'Tuama's cafe in Clonmel's Market Square should give away ‘artistic cookies’ and Glühwein next month.’
- ‘Christkindl's Glühwein is a type of mulled-wine which still today is produced according to old-world tradition.’
German, from glühen ‘to mull’ + Wein ‘wine’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.