One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Because the tongue of a young woodpecker has a smooth tip, the sticky, glue-like saliva is used to pull grubs out of their galleries.’
- ‘Obviously its sticky, glue-like qualities are what makes it so useful.’
- ‘She will dip a brush in some volatile liquid, and when the liquid touches the powder, it will form a glue-like substance which will be applied over your original nails!’
- ‘This may be serous or, in chronic cases, thick, mucoid and glue-like.’
- ‘He then proceeded to carefully dress each wound using cotton and a sticky glue-like substance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.