One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of inhaling intoxicating fumes from the solvents in adhesives.
- ‘Prostitution is easy, glue-sniffing the norm, family means nothing, fellow teens are vicious, and foreigners are exploitative.’
- ‘In that case D, a glue-sniffing addict, was taunted about his glue-sniffing by the victim, whom D subsequently stabbed.’
- ‘Its mother, who left Manitoba's Berens River Reserve at 17 to take up prostitution and glue-sniffing on the streets of Winnipeg, had produced three other children.’
- ‘A more difficult issue is the effect of Diane's glue-sniffing.’
- ‘When Jones created Grand Theft Auto in 1997 it immediately generated a moral panic reminiscent of that about joy-riding, video nasties, glue-sniffing and punk rock.’
- ‘Toluene exposure originates from many sources, including drinking water, food, air, and consumer products, as well as through inhaling the chemical in the workplace or during deliberate glue-sniffing or solvent abuse.’
- ‘Drug abuse and glue-sniffing are serious problems among this group of young people.’
- ‘Strict rules are also imposed at the shelters: no glue-sniffing, no dagga-smoking, no begging, and no parking cars.’
- ‘Drug addiction and glue-sniffing are widespread among them, and they control the drug traffic from Iran.’
- ‘We get a lot of glue-sniffing, we get a lot of prostitution, we get a lot of crime, we get of lot of very, very sad stories in what we call the locations, the ghettos.’
- ‘Characteristics due to self-induced abuse, such as alcohol, drugs or glue-sniffing, cannot be relevant.’
- ‘There was one episode of glue-sniffing and another of a harder substance after we went on manoeuvres with the Americans, who had access to a lot of drugs.’
- ‘Usage of other drugs was low: Four per cent said they had tried ecstasy; three per cent had tried crack cocaine or glue-sniffing; two per cent, crystal meth; one per cent, heroin.’
- ‘You may be lucky and good looking, but boy are y'all stupider than a lobotomised rock with learning difficulties and a penchant for glue-sniffing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.