One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An acid derived from glucose which occurs naturally as a constituent of hyaluronic acid and other mucopolysaccharides.
- ‘In hepatocytes, UDP glucuronyl transferase adds 2 equivalents of glucuronic acid to bilirubin to produce the more water soluble, bilirubin diglucuronide derivative.’
- ‘We predicted that Mojave woodrats would excrete more glucuronic acid per unit dry mass of resin consumed.’
- ‘HA is a naturally occurring, linear polysaccharide with repeating disaccharide units composed of glucuronic acid and N-acetyl glucosamine.’
- ‘At therapeutic doses, acetaminophen is biotransformed to nontoxic products and eliminated by conjugation with glucuronic acid and sulfate.’
- ‘It is well-known that the active compound of licorice is glycyrrhizin, a conjugation of two molecules of glucuronic acid and glycyrrhetic acid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.