One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of glucuronic acid.
- ‘After estrone hydroxylation, the various poly-hydroxy derivatives are conjugated with glucuronate or sulfate, or methylation occurs prior to excretion in urine.’
- ‘The pH release profile was generated in a variety of buffers (acetate, citrate, glucuronate, and phosphate).’
- ‘Sodium glucuronate was used as the standard for quantitative evaluation.’
- ‘Alternatively, a-tocopherol can scavenge two peroxy free radicals and then be conjugated to glucuronate for excretion in the bile.’
- ‘The majority is conjugated to glucuronates and sulfates in the maternal liver permitting renal clearance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.