One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A glycoside derived from glucose.
- ‘This diphenol compound is metabolized, producing viniferin, pterostilbene and piceid, a resveratrol glucoside.’
- ‘Selection of plants for cultivation would have been directed at reducing a serious disadvantage of the plant; that it contains two substances, a glucoside and an enzyme, which react together to produce poisonous prussic acid.’
- ‘A major interest of our laboratory is the sensing mechanism for maltose and other glucosides.’
- ‘Similarly, the contents of alkaloids, tannins, oxalates, glucosides, dicumarins, prussic acid, nitrates or other substances in several weeds used as fodder and grasslands has also increased.’
- ‘The results obtained with the alkyl glucosides used in this study are similar to those for DDM.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.